09 March 2024

Fictional: 'Making 45 great again'



Once again I take ideas and throw them into a canvas with a bit of bitter flavour.

Also includes vaguely calculated description.

The title is definitely absolutely not reminiscent of some statement at all. Maybe.

 

Now, I advocate option 1 if anything. Though there isn't anything it can kill off without easy-remedied issues. Take the G1 which serves Nightingale Lane (alongside 690), I have my doubts over the section but the bigger picture I feel wouldn't oppose that doubt.

 

Second option. Pick a random route that ends at Brixton (standing on Stockwell Park Walk, thereby excluding P4) with a similar frequency. I didn't choose 118 but instead 355, though they're every 12-13 as opposed to 45's every 10.

I chose 355 because it's single deck and is better off with double deckers than not, even off-peak.

 

To do this whilst keeping the Clapham Park end of 45, I had to drag 118 out of Brixton Hill as you can see. If it wasn't 'save money in the process' I'd throw 57 to Brixton the other way as Brixton Hill deserves an increased service than a decreased service.

Though this leaves Clapham Park's 4-bus stand to waste.

 

There's a way to solve option 2 in a better scenario but this was what I came up with.


No comments:

Post a Comment