09 March 2024

Fictional: If Streatham and Bromley had a direct bus link



this is what happens when I have time and boredom at my disposal 

The last 'large-scale' route I've done was an Elephant to Stratford link which happened under the guise of 388, and is cut once again. I numbered it 433. Now, with no number, I stumbled upon the Streatham to Bromley link. 
Most of my comments are on the picture itself so here's the real postscript: I forgot to add in the A205 has a right-turn ban at West Dulwich, though can be modified to allow this. 
Upon looking at the map; at Tulse Hill right above Lancaster Avenue, the route could go left onto Leigham Vale which links with Leigham Court Road. 

I doubt there would be no objections but it is a faster alternative avoiding the troubles of the A205 altogether. However the roads are narrow with many parked cars so it goes against my "Double Deckable" on the top. I have seen journeys done from Bromley to Streatham more than once though definitely by few on the occasions I noticed. Journeys are done from Birkbeck beyond with the use of hopping from 354 on to 249 beyond Crystal Palace. 

Add in the spice of ideas then I got this. As much as 227 going to Streatham seems feasible, you have to snap traffic out of existence, and somehow crowd control the route so it doesn't throw 18 off the board for busiest route. 

Either way I enjoyed drawing it and doing the calculations for it, if interested the 249/417 and 352/367 direct combos result in 10 miles with roughly 55 minutes end-to-end.

No comments:

Post a Comment